Catalysis Biomed offers a broad range of editing services, from basic copyediting to higher-level content editing, as well as QC and source document annotation. Documents include journal articles, educational materials, formulary dossiers (eg, AMCP), and regulatory documents (eg, NDA), among others.
- Copyediting (spelling, punctuation, grammar, format, style)
- Substantive editing (copyediting plus usage and flow)
- Content editing (substantive editing plus scientific accuracy)
- Editing of figures, tables, and graphs
- Journal format/style (AMA, CSE, APA, specific journal styles)
- Quality control (QC)/fact-checking
- Reference accuracy
To get the most accurate estimate from an editor or writer, include as much information and detail as possible describing your goals and expectations for a project.
For example, a manuscript prepared for editing should be as complete as possible, with any important aspects, such as target journal/publication and deadline, highlighted.
Factors that affect pricing for editing include the length of the manuscript and the quality of the writing. The level of editing is determined by the latter and can range from a simple copyedit to a substantive edit to a rewrite. Additional factors include style/formatting requirements and turnaround time. A few points:
- A single formatted page is 250 words or 1 figure, table, or graph.
- A well-written manuscript will generally be edited at 6 to 8 pages per hour.
- Manuscripts involving English as a second language (ESL) will generally be edited at 2 to 4 pages per hour.
Contact to learn more about services, receive an estimate, or discuss details of your project.