Lauren Baker, PhD, ELS
As principal of Catalysis Biomed, I enjoy bringing order to complex scientific and technical documents, providing premium freelance biomedical editing, editorial support, and writing services for researchers, institutions, and corporations. I am based in the Seattle area and maintain a global clientele.
I received a BA in Psychobiology from Oberlin College and a PhD in Neurobiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I began freelance biomedical editing while pursuing postdoctoral studies in the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Washington.
After completing my postdoctoral fellowship, I was with LifeSpan BioSciences for 5 years, working as a Bioinformatics Scientist and Tissue Bank Manager and as Managing Editor of LifeSpan’s Editing and Imaging Divisions.
Experience – 23 Years
Providing medical and science editing and writing services since 1997
Freelance, industry, and academic experience
Education and Certification
- Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS), Board of Editors in the Life Sciences
- Core Certificate in Pharmaceutical Writing, American Medical Writers Association
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington
- PhD, Neurobiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BA, Psychobiology, Oberlin College
- American Medical Writers Association
- Board of Editors in the Life Sciences
- Council of Science Editors
- Northwest Editors Guild
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Freelancers Union
American Medical Writers Association, Northwest Chapter, Secretary 2011–2013
Contact to learn more about services, receive an estimate, or discuss details of your project.